Friday 12 November 2010

How Heroin Is Used In Other Films

Trainspotting - Heroin Scene - relevant from 0.50 - 2.20
This scene shows the use of heroin. From this scene I have learnt that heroin addicts use a thick chunky belt to tight around their upper arm and clench this with their teeth for extra strength to tighten it as much as possible for their vein to become more visible to inject.

The character injects the syringe into the vein in the middle of his arm, as soon as he injects himself, his reaction becomes very still and he looks fint and numb although the drug has effected him greatly. The symbolism of the way he feels by the floor closing up on him can be useful to use in my opening sequence as I could also portray this in very different ways.

Pulp Fiction

This scene has given me an insight on what is needed to make the use of heroin in my opening sequence very realistic and beleivable. From this opening sequence, I have learnt how heroin users use a spoon to burn the substance with a lighter and insert it in the syringe.

This scene also shows the assembly of the syringe which is very technical and this can be used in my opening sequence too.

No comments:

Post a Comment